What is Equine Therapy:
“Equine-assisted work honors the natural behavior of horses and herds. Horses are skilled at keeping themselves safe and adept at survival; their natural behaviors are optimal for mental and physical health. In many respects, humans have lost the instinct to keep themselves safe and healthy. We entrust horses to show us the way back to health. Work and observation in the horse world lends itself to extremely powerful metaphors into our own patterns, strengths, and the nonverbal messages we send out…”
Where to find Greg Kersten and the OK Corral Series:
- Learn about the difference between a Pack and a Herd mentality. http://okcorralseries.com/about
- Two most important things you will teacher your horse: Move forward when asked to, and to stop when asked to.
- Pressure and Pain, how do we respond appropriately?
- Horsemanship is “Be like me” and EAP is “Be yourself”
- The art of letting things happen.
- Push and pull, how to draw them in and then motivate them forward.
Equine Programs Mentioned:
The O.K. Corral Series educates, promotes, and supports professionals in the practice of authentic equine-assisted work. Authentic equine-assisted work honors ...
Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association (EAGALA) is the leading international nonprofit association for professionals incorporating horses to address mental health and personal development needs. Our vision is that every person worldwide will have access to these therapy services known as Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy.
Wondering where Greg will be teaching next?
Also, Greg’s trainings offer CEU’s!
Live your best!